Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summertime...

Well, I'm almost afraid to say it...but I think summer is about here! This weather just makes me skip with joy! I love warm weather, sun, sitting on the deck, watching baseball and grilling. This time of year is my absolute favorite.

It is also a great time of year becuase we just celebrated our FIRST anniversary! It was a really fun weekend, we actually attended a wedding on our actual anniversary. It was neat to see another couple begin their life together- congrats Nate & Sara Sirek!

We just booked a family trip to Disney in Orlando this fall. The kids are very exicited about it, they have never been to Disney, or to FL for that matter, so they have a lot of questions about what we will see and do when we are there. So far, our only plan is to hit the parks and SeaWorld. Recommendations for dinner are MUCH appreciated!

The new job is going really well. Learning a lot about the community and the great need for safe, decent, affordable housing. I'm still staying in touch with my pals at Rasmussen and try to have lunch with the ladies as often as possible. ;)

On a sad note, my Dad had to have my dog Pacino put down a few weeks ago. He had been sick for a week or so and the vet said he was severly diabetic with a low chance of making it through any kind of treatment. It was a really hard day for both my Dad and I, but there was some comfort in knowing "all dogs go to heaven". I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for another dog, the end is just too heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment